NGO REGISTRATION IN KENYA
The procedures for both local and foreign or International NGO registration are similar, apart from that in registering a foreign or International NGO additional requirements are needed to the satisfaction of the NGO coordination Board.
- All NGO applications should be typed or filled in block letters.
- All applications MUST contain ORIGINAL signatures of the officials and members as applicable.
- LOCAL NGO REGISTRATION IN KENYA AND INTERNATIONAL NGO REGISTRATION IN KENYA
NGO REGISTRATION IN KENYA
A non ngovemental organisation (NGO) is a non-profit, voluntary citizens’ group that is organized on a local, national or international level. All NGOS must be registered by NGO Registration Board in accordance with the NGO Registration Act Kenya. easy huduma business services Specializes in Foreign NGO Registration in Kenya and Local NGO Registration in Kenya among other Company and Commercial Law related services.
HOW TO START AN NGO IN KENYA:
- Among the top three officials, one of them MUST be a Kenyan as a basic requirement for all foreign or International based NGOs.
- Another requirement for an NGO to be registered, is that it would have to demonstrate an act of public good that it will benefit and improve the lives of the population and the citizens’
NGO Registration Procedure in Kenya
- The Line Ministry under which the objectives fall
- Work plan for first year of operation
- Itemized Budget for First year of Operation
- Comprehensive organizational chart
- Memorandum of Understanding between the organization and the donors (If any)
- In case of an organization registering a branch of an organization already registered locally or overseas
Procedure to be followed
PROCEDURE OF REGISTERING OF AN NGO IN KENYA:
- Before an application for registration is lodged, the applicant should submit the name search of the NGO in a prescribed form 2 for approval from the Director of the Non-Governmental Organizations Board.
- Submit a duly completed form to the Registry for conducting the search.
- The registry will conduct search and recommend the reservation.
- Submission of reserved name to the Programs Manager for approval.
- Submit Form 3 to register the NGO after the name has been approved
- A notification of location of the office and the postal address of the proposed organization Form 1 to be signed by the three top officials of that proposed organization.
Documents Required in NGO Registration:
- A letter addressed to the Executive Director requesting for registration.
- Duly completed NGO Form 3 (three copies) in original Forms.
- Duly completed NGO Form 1 (one copy stating organization’s contact person).
- Two recent colored passport size photographs of three proposed officials and two other board members with the names of the three proposed officials and the two board members and organization written at the back
- Copy of Name Reservation Form (Form 2) duly approved and paid for
- The Constitution of the proposed NGO / INGO (filed in Triplicate) and signed by both the proposed 3 officials and LISTING AT LEAST TWO (2) other board members (all the 3 constitutions MUST be signed by all the proposed board members on the execution page and by at least one of the proposed officials on each and every page
- Minutes authorizing the filing of the application with a specific agenda and resolution to register the organization as an NGO with the NGOS Registration board
- A notification of location of the office and the postal address of the proposed organization (NGO Form 1).
- Additional requirements for foreign NGO registration:
- The organization has to furnish the constitutions of its other branches around the world.
- One out of three officials of the Kenya branch must be a Kenyan citizen.
- The officials must be of outstanding and unquestionable character and conform with NGO laws in Kenya
We also offer registration services in, NGO bureau Kenya, NGO constitution sample Kenya, registering a foundation in Kenya, NGO annual return form 14 and Prototype constitution of an NGO-KENYA services.
contact us at [email protected] or 0746522216